Please Read Through The Booking Terms.
Since my studio is a licensed home based beauty room, I uphold to providing a high level of standards to meet my clients expectations. The studio is private and provides a peaceful and clean environment to help clients relax and enjoy their treatment.
I expect all my clients to be respectful whilst visiting the premises and be compliant with all criteria and hygiene request.
The treatment room is a fully dedicated treatment space that is inspected and licensed by Haringey Council. All equipment’s used in the treatment room are dedicated to the treatment space only. The room and all equipment are cleaned and sanitized to industry standards and meeting current hygiene COVID 19 guidance after each treatments.
All equipment is disinfected to the highest standard. I am certified by Barbicide and Pro training.
Punctuality and Courtesy
Please ensure to arrive on time for your booking. Arriving late may interfere with your treatment, all appointments will end at their scheduled time so that the next client will not be delayed. All times stated include preparation of room and client.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to treatment if it is your first appointment at the salon. We require this time for you to complete a personal consultation card, this document is 100% confidential and is used for treatment purposes only.
Booking Fee Policy
A 65% booking fee is required for all bookings to secure your appointment. The booking fees are non-refundable if the appointment is cancelled within 23 hours to your booking or appointment is missed. However you can reschedule your appointment up to 24 hours before your booking. Appointments can only be re-arranged as many times yourself via the booking link emailed and sent to you via text message.
Please note you can cancel your booking yourself online with a minimum of 24 Hours. Any cancellations under 24 hours will forfeit a refund of the booking fees.
No Show Policy
If you cancel on the day of your appointment or do not attend without any contact, you will be liable for making payment for the time secured for you. The booking fee that is already paid at booking is held for securing the time for you. prior to your appointment. Your booking will not be secured until payment is made. If clients refuse to make payment for missed bookings they will be refused future bookings.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the preferred payment forms are electronic due to health and safety reasons. Payments will be required to be made on the day prior to treatment. Accepted payment forms are Paypal, bank transfer or con-tactless.
Please ensure that you arrive on time for your appointment in order to receive your full treatment. Late arrivals will result in a shorter treatment time so to not impact my next clients. If you are late to your appointment, it may mean that you do not receive the full treatment due to time constraints, although the full cost of the treatment must be paid prior to leaving. If you suspect you are going to be late for your appointment, please contact me asap as it may be more suitable to re-arrange.
Due to our insurance we do have some treatment restrictions that we must abide by.
If you are under 18 you cannot have our full range of treatments. You will be required to get a parental consent form signed prior to any treatment. If you are under 16 you will also need a parent or guardian present throughout your treatment.
Personal Property Policy
We cannot be held responsible for any personal property you bring to the clinic. Please leave valuables at home or ensure they are kept with you throughout the treatment. This includes personal items such as jewellery, mobile phones, handbags etc. For client safety the clinic will be secured during treatment. CCTV will also be in operation.
We hope that you are happy with the treatments however, if you are unhappy in any way please do not hesitate to make this known to me straight away so I can rectify any problems as soon as they occur.
In order to protect clients and myself, a few adaptations have been made to the clinic.
Upon arrival, your temperature will be taken with a point and shoot contactless thermometer. If you show to your booking having a high temperature, you will not allowed inside the treatment room and you will be advised to re-arrange your appointment. You will be offered a hand sanitiser for sanitising your hands.
You will also be ask to provide your contact details for the Covid-19 track & trace forms, these details will be stored securely for 21 days then destroyed.
All clients are required to wear a face cover when attending appointments. If you’re attending for a facial treatment, once initial checks and forms have been completed you will be able to remove your face cover For all other treatments please wear a mask throughout. If you arrive without a cover you will be asked you to purchase one from for £1.
Throughout your consultation/treatment all staff will wear masks, gloves and a face visor. PPE will be changed between each client.
As always regular hand washing will be maintained. Equipment, stations and beds will be sanitised before & after each client.
Please attend your appointment alone to limit the footfall into the clinic. No companions or children would be allowed to accompany you to your booking.
Arrive on time only, if you are early please wait outside or in your car to allow us time to clean and sanitise between clients. Once ready, I will call you into the clinic.
Unfortunately we will be unable to provide refreshments at this time, but can provide water if required.
Unfortunately the toilet facility can not be used by clients.
If you are feeling unwell, have had any symptoms of Covid-19/illness, or been out of the country, please do not attend any appointment for at least 14 days. Please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule.
All consultation forms and consent forms are now online and will be emailed to you prior to your appointment. Please ensure you complete these before your appointment. You will also be emailed with a Covid-19 track and trace form, again please ensure completion prior to appointment.
If you are driving please ensure you arrive early to your booking to allow time to find convenient. If possible arrive on foot. Please be aware that parking is at your own risk and Yaa F Beauty Therapy will hold no responsibility for any damage which may occur.
Purchase of Retail Products
Beauty products must be paid for in full at time of purchase.
Prepaid Packages of Treatments
Have a validity of 12 months from date of purchase, unless otherwise stated.
We reserve the right to alter prices without prior notice.
Please note that it is illegal to smoke anywhere in the building.
Personal details taken from clients during consultation procedures will be kept safe and in the strictest confidence. We would, on occasion like to send you details of open evenings and special promotions. If you would rather not receive these you can indicate this on our forms collecting your information.
Please inform me of any medical condition including pregnancy prior to booking as some treatments may not be appropriate for you.
In the interest of comfort of all our clients, please refrain from talking on a mobile phone and ensure it is switched off, or on silent, for the full duration of your time at the salon.
Please understand that we cannot accommodate children 12 months in the premises
Salon Hygiene is, of course, the utmost importance and to achieve optimal cleanliness all our sterilisation equipment is approved by the local Environmental Health Officer. We only use new sterilised disposable needles for each client.
Most credit and Debit Cards are accepted, American Express, cash or cheque. All prices include value-added tax at a current rate.
Patch testing required for clients who have never had eyelash tinting or eyebrow tinting less than 24hours prior treatment.
Please ensure you retrieve all your personal items before leaving the premises as we cannot be held responsible for lost items.
Privacy Notice this is the privacy notice of BODY FAYRE BEAUTY THERAPY and "we", "our", or "us" refer to BODY FAYRE BEAUTY THERAPY.
i. This privacy notice aims to inform you about how your information is collected and processed when you book a treatment. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.ii. I am committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information.iii. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.This policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).T
he law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
1. Data we process we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows: Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time. Your contact information includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting. Your financial data includes information such as your bank account and payment card details.Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from us. Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.Y our profile includes information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services. We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity.For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
2. We do not collect any special personal information about you.
3. If you do not provide personal information we need where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time. The bases on which we process information about you: The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
4. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you when you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.We may use it in order to:
· verify your identity for security purposes· sell products to you· provide you with our services
· provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website we process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us.
6. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests we may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
·whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
·whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
·whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so for example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
·record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our organisation.
·responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
·protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party· protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
7. Information we process because we have a legal obligation.
Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.Specific uses of information you provide to us
8. Information relating to your method of payment. We take the following measures to protect your payment information: a) to prevent the possibility of our duplicating a transaction without a new instruction from you;b) to prevent any other third party from carrying out a transaction without your consent.Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of [WorldPay / SagePay / PayPal / MoneyBookers / Stripe] or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
9. Communicating with us when you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
10. Complaining when we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint.If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
11. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
·to track how you use our website· to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website· to keep you signed in to our website
·to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
·to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team.
12. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
14. Access to your personal information at any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you should contact us to make that request. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
16. Removal of your information if you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you should contact us to make your request.This may limit the service we can provide to you.
17. Verification of your information when we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.